"Mayfield," built in 1916, is a late Victorian home on 10 acres in central Howard County. Its gorgeous setting is enhanced by arboretum -quality landscaping and stacked stone walls. The property includes two barns, two detached garages, and other outbuildings which can accommodate an office. The house features a wrap-around porch, stained glass insets in doors and transoms, original columns and moldings, English floral carpets and marble floors on the main level, and plaster walls. Full bay windows grace the dining room, family room, and primary bedroom. The second floor includes a primary bedroom suite with sitting room, walk-in closet, private bath, and built-ins, plus three more bedrooms and another full bath. The third floor has a large bedroom -sitting room that takes advantage of the beautiful dormers, another small bedroom or den, another full bath, and a storage room lined with cedar. The basement is pine-paneled, and has a large recreation room, game area, full bath, storage room, and laundry. The house has central air conditioning and electric baseboard heat, plus a wood stove for coziness in winter. The house has public water, and the well is used for the barns and gardens. The two barns were built in 1943 for the dairy farm operations. One has been used as an office, and the other for equipment storage. The seller believes one or two lots could be subdivided at the front of the property. IMPORTANT -- This property is shown by appointment only. Please respect the privacy of the sellers!
Single Family, Single Family-Detached, Farmhouse, Victorian
4 Full/1 Half
Electric Water Heater, Public Water Service, Well
4,320 sq. ft
Yes - 3 spaces
Detailed Room Information
- Den/Study, Family Room, Kitchen, Laundry Room, Living Room, Storage, Sitting Room
- Hookups in Basement
- Butler Pantry, Eat-In Kitchen
- Bath Description
- Stall Shower
- Range/Oven Built-in, Dishwasher, Electric Dryer, Electric Range/Cooktop, Refrigerator, Washer
- Marble, Carpet
- Central Air, Electric, Ceiling Fan(s)
- Electric Heating, Wood. Stove.
- Full Finished, Entrance Outside, Workshop
- Stained Glass, Bay Window(s), Double Pane, Screened
- Wood Stove.
- Security System
- Additional Interior Features
- Built-Ins, Cedar Closet, Walk-in Closets, Window Treatment, High Ceiling
Exterior / Lot Features
- 3 Garage Spaces. Street Parking, Lighted, Circular Driveway.
- Porch, Wrap-around Porch
- Lot View
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Exterior Lighting, Flood Lights, Out Building, Landscaped, Not In Development. Backs To Trees, Landscaping, Level, Private, Subdivision Possible.
Active Market Trends
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price